Saturday 13 February 2010

I need a dress....

The day job requires me to purchase a new dress as I am going to be working at the BAFTAs next Sunday night. Any excuse to buy a new dress is a good one, but I have to say that this particular event has brought up a bit of a dilemma....

My instant reaction was to check out Acne, because in my dreams my wardrobe is filled with Acne clothes (also in my dreams my body has shrunk a bit so I look amazing in them). I picked out the Wise Leo chiffon dress from Net A Porter but it was deemed too short for a glitzy ceremony where I'll be running about like a mad thing before sitting down to eat. (Wise Leo you may not be right this time but I have my eye on youuuu).


My bank balance conscience then kicked in and having seen the Polka Dot Taffeta Heart dress from Boohoo was only £20 I did have a think about getting that one and being done with the whole thing.

My boyfriend persuaded me against this option saying that I should get an investment piece - uh oh!

Next stop Libertys where I fell in love with clothes all over again after letting myself wander through the Acne, Twenty8Twelve and Marc by Marc Jacobs collections. A silver Vivienne Westwood dress grabbed me and shook me around for a while but I had to get it out of my head as it was out of price range. Interestingly enough I did find a number of wins that I will be keeping my eye on
Acne Sensational silk chiffon shorts
these come in coral and black and feel just beautiful, only £90!

Sonia Rykiel Sailor Boat Top


Studded Nylon Satchel by Givenchy


Alas, I am no closer to finding a dress so the hunt has now gone online, wish me luck! If you see anything then leave me a comment

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what kind of thing are you after? what about THE stripy Acne maxi, with amazing heels? certainly a different, cool look for baftas

i've got that boohoo dress! quality is actually OK (was a bit wary after friend got a really bad dress from them). MJ have a very sweet velvet/hearts dress on netaporter right now if feminine's the look you're going for