Tuesday 19 January 2010

Carin Wester I <3 U


Observer Woman (RIP) were bigging up Carin Wester as 'the new Acne' in this weekend's edition. I was reading the mag in bed last night and started googling on my iPhone from my pillow.

Of course, by now I have bought a piece. A small selection of her clothes are on sale at Urban Outfitters website. However, she currently has a 50% off sale on her own site www.carinwester.com which I really recommend. I picked up the Katrin sweater from the above picture and CANNOT WAIT for it to arrive. Prices are in SEK which is Swedish Krona so don't be put off when you see the large numbers, I used .xe to convert the currency to GBP and the prices have proved a steal.

Below is some blurb about Carin, she's going to be your new favourite:

Carin Wester graduated 1998, from Beckman’s School of Design and started her own brand Carin Wester in 2003.

Since the launching of the brand, Carin has been nominated for Nöjesguidens fashion award (2004) and achieved the prize as newcomer of the year by Elle (2004) for her design. Carin was also nominated as the Designer of the year by Elle (2005) and just recently she was nominated by Ernst & Young as Entrepreneur of the year 2008.

Today, her collection consists of a female line (Carin Wester), a male line(Wester) and the limited and handmade line (W). The collections are sold in several stores in Sweden, as well as in stores in Denmark, Finland, Norway, England, Germany, France, USA, Canada and Japan.

No comments: