Wednesday 16 September 2009

Hi, I'm Holly and I have a problem....



I lost a PPQ cardigan to a pack of bastard moths the other day and just this minute, while slobbing out in my pyjamas watching Clueless I went for my dressing gown and SIX flew in my face. They are all dead now, and the room has been vacuumed, said dressing gown is now in a hot wash.

Only yesterday I was reading Susannah Frankel's column in The Independent about her losing a Rick Owens scarf to these blighters. So the time has come to invest in some cedar sachets and regularly hoover under the bed, how boring!

2 comments:

Sapphire Island said...

I. HATE. THESE. THINGS!

in our office we have so many old knitwear samples, whenever you open a box of them a cloud of moths flies in your face!

Sarah said...

So far I've lost:

Sara Berman sample sale yellow cashmere argyle jumper
Erotokios backless half applique black jumper (way better than it sounds)

I'm so paranoid about moths that I keep a few things in special zip-up bags surrounded by lavendar. It's literally the curse of London!

Also - after you hot wash, put your dressing gown in a sealable plastic bag & leave it freezer for a day. Weird but works!