Sunday 16 November 2008

Get thrifty


My friends and I have heard loads about the East End Thrift Store, so much so that the other day we got super dressed up and decided to head down to the store and check out what all the fuss was about. Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn out like that as, having popped into the pub for a spot of lunch at 1pm, we ended up vacating said drinking session at 2am. So last Saturday I decided to go along by myself.

Tucked away on a side street of East London's Whitechapel, the East End Thrift Store is laid out similarly to Beyond Retro but in a smaller warehouse space. According to the sign, many outfits are under £10 but of course I was drawn to more expensive items, why does that always happen huh?

Something that really impressed me about the EETS was the fact that, unlike Beyond Retro, they have a tailor i the shop to alter your clothes for you. How often do you fall in love with a vintage dress that is too long / has a baggy bit? It happens to me all the time and I am always convinced that I'll take it to the tailor shop and get it altered. I never do it.

So lets get down to the nitty gritty, the clothes. The selection is not as big as Beyond Retro but the layout makes it easier to navigate if you hate rooting around for hours at a time.

Plus, when a big new shipping comes in the East End Thrift Store throw parties with free booze!!

No comments: